вторник, 13 марта 2012 г.

Biorole Wareplay


For now, while fellas are taking the shit out of space mega-drama ME3, I'm in process of completing (munchkining) Dragon Age. Yep, it's first, fun-admitted part. Slowpoke. So, I feel being in a bit...disorder. Well, I like that game actually, this world, dialogs, some scenario turns and misc. But something felt completely, fully, disguastingly...not right, and this feeling haunted me through my modest 30-hours in-game expirience entirely, without letting me go.
Then a sharp thought stroked me like thunder, and I understood. Yes, this game has lots of simple, quite pseudo-tactic, long, boring and exhausting battles with hordes of various monsters. A significant lack, but not that much. Lots of useless micromanagent maybe? No. I'm quite old RPG-fan and never been afraid of such nonsense.
Yes! Yes! Exactly! RPG! Thats where the shoe pinches! I didn't feel, you know, outplaying a role. It's actually a global sense of such kind of games - full, complete, seamless transition into a body of post-apocaliptic nuclear cowboy, or dark-elf-ex-ship-prisoner-powerful-mage-alchemist. Living hes (or her) life, not entirely - usually from the moment our alter-ego becomes a grown up, old man humanoid.
And you know what? I didn't outplayed someone in Dragon Age. And I couldnt feel this playing Mass Effect also, both of two first parts. DA:O and ME 1&2 are felt and played by me exactly as "interactive cinema" - you know, like Heavy Rain, where there are two cituations to complete ordinary game scene: 1)Your option doesn't change ANYTHING during the gameplay process and 2)Alter you've chosen affecs on the current scene ending, and... IT CHANGES COMPLETELY NOTHING!
(well, of course it's overdone, Heavy Rain is great and enjoyable game, but the situation seems suitable here).
So - I just...cannot love such kind of games. Regrettably for Heavy Rain, with quite thrilling action and nearly cinematic direction (fuck, it isn't ROLEPLAY, but, you know, it's even more than guess what), in DA this monorail plot clamps you into not usually obvious, but tight frames, which allow to enjoy the game, but not to feel it.
So, the questions are: how did RPGs come to the situation when technological level increasingly growned, but instead of higly anticipated full-throttle we just kept getting more narrow, corridor and such "interactive-cinema-type" games? How do you see the ways of dealing with this obvious RPG-crysis? Finally, when will mankind jump to the new, colossal and epic era of neo-Roleplay games when there will be no borders - only the Game and the Role?
I hope it will.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий